The Sunflower State Games is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 28th Annual multi-sport festival. The 2017 Sunflower State Games will take place July 14-30 in Topeka at approximately 35 different venues. The 2017 games will feature over 45 different sports for all ages and skill levels. Event details and complete registration procedures can be found online at sunflowergames.com. The Sunflower State Games is a 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to providing a forum that initiates and encourages camaraderie between different ages, socioeconomic and cultural groups through athletic competition. The event promotes the development of healthy lifestyles and physical fitness for the participants, their families and the communities where they live. The Sunflower State Games is the largest amateur multi sport festival in Kansas conducted annually in July. The Games recognize and reward Kansas athletes of all ages and skill levels. The Sunflower State Games are recognized by the U.S. Olympic Committee and is governed by the National Congress of State Games. During its thirteen-year tenure in Topeka, SSG has drawn an average of 7,800 athletes from more than 80 counties across the state to participate in over 45 different events. In 2016, over 7,000 athletes participated in Games for the 8th consecutive year. 373 cities were represented with participants in the Games.
- Categories: Archery/Bow Hunting | Bicycling | Community Health | Fishing | Golf/Disc Golf | Horseback Riding | Horseshoe Pitching | Hunting/Sporting Firearms | Kayaking/Canoeing | Orienteering | Running/Walking | Volunteering
- Skill Level: Mixed Levels
- Cost: free
- Registration Required: no
- Organizer's Website: http://www.sunflowergames.com
- Event Website: http://www.sunflowergames.com