The volunteer groups that help maintain the 29-mile Perry Lake Hiking Trail are celebrating its 40th year as a National Recreation Trail.
The formal event is organized by DGA. Participants can contact DGA (see link) to sign up for guided hikes/meals OR do a self-guided hike at no cost. In either case, please drop by our information tables to learn more about Perry Lake Trail, our volunteer team and other area information.
Some information on hand will include:
* Maps of Perry Lake Hiking Trail, and first-hand information on different parts of the trail, access points, distances, terrain, current conditions
* History of Perry Lake Hiking Trail and some of the visionaries that helped bring it to fruition
* Experts in trail building, trail maintenance and a showcase of some of the tools we use to keep Perry Trail open for hikers
* Preventive tips for pests and poisonous plants (and maybe even some free samples!)
* Learn about geocaching; there are many geocaches on or near the trail. New to geocaching? We'll help you get started with this family activity.
* How to get involved and help support Perry Lake Hiking Trail
* Learn more about current activities by visiting www.facebook.com/PerryLakeTrail/